Welcome to the Piedmont Heights Parents Association, a part of the Piedmont Heights Civic Association
Piedmont Heights is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Atlanta, GA. Our demographics have changed over the last 150 years and are we are looking forward to the future with hope and anticipation for our neighborhood. Eleven percent of households in Piedmont Heights have children who less than 10 years old. That number is expected to continue to rise over the next few years.
The PHPA helps to provide information to parents about the neighborhood and surrounding areas and share parental interests and concerns. We hope that this website will also provide information and activities that support and enhance child-rearing efforts.
Over 1,600 households are within the Piedmont Heights neighborhood. Our borders are Piedmont Road (east), Monroe Drive (south), Flagler (west) and Piedmont Circle (north).
We hope that you enjoy reading and learning about our neighborhood! Welcome!
Meet Chef Pat Pascarella of Grana ATL, Opening January 2020!|JOIN US ON SUNDAY NOV 24TH | ANSLEY GOLF CLUB| 3:30 PM TO 5:30 PM|
Owner and Chef Pat Pascarella of The White Bull in Decatur, and soon Grana ATL (next to Sprouts on Piedmont Rd) which opens in Jan 2019 in #morningside #piedmontheights will be one of the chefs at our neighborhood [...]
- Ansley Mall Trick or Treat
- Piedmont Heights Playdate
- Annual Meeting – PHCA
- Public Schools – Piedmont Heights and the surrounding areas have some of the best and highest academic performing elementary schools in the Atlanta.
- Charter Schools Rankings 2018 – Georgia Charter Schools
- Atlanta Classical Academy (K – 12) – North Buckhead and APS areas. Atlanta Classical Academy
- Pre-School Piedmont Heights – Rock Spring Pre School
- Local Resource (after school reading and math) – Kumon Atlanta – At Piedmont Park. Binita Vijay leads an impressive team of instructors serving local parents.
Ansley Mall is the local hangout for many families in the Piedmont Heights area and Midtown Atlanta. A wide range of restaurants offer delicious and reasonably priced options for parents and children. Here are a few of our favorites from Ansley Mall and Piedmont Heights area
- Grindhouse Killer Burgers
- Bantam and Biddy
- Panera Bread
- Varuni Napoli – Pizza and Gelato
- Vinny’s New York Pizza
- Atmosphere French Bistro
- Cow Tippers
- Hob Nob
- Fox Brothers Barbeque- Armour Yards
Midtown and other areas:
- Gotham Way Park – Local park within Piedmont Heights owned and maintained by the Piedmont Park Association
- Piedmont Park
- Sidney Marcus Park- Morningside
- The Atlanta Beltline – The East Trail connecting through Piedmont Heights should be completed by 2019
Gotham Way Park – Our Playground